Monday, August 1, 2011

embracing fobness

I've accomplished a lot in the past two days.

I rode the subway by myself for the first time and managed to get off at the right stop, change subway lines, and navigate the way from the subway to my grandma's house--all in one piece, with nothing stolen, and without getting frazzled or brownie! I will say that all those fridays at Korean school paid off because being able to read the names of each stop helped me not get lost, and you guys know how directionally challenged I am. It gets pretty cozy in the subway when it's packed..I was in one guy's armpit for a good five minutes.

The past two days have been so much fun! Yesterday, I got to see Jessica, who I hadn't seen in two years! I missed this girl and I've always thought how awesome it would have been if we could have been seniors together at CV and at Oneighty.


With my strawberry smoothie and her latte, we spent time catching up on the past years and laughing about how we're nervous, excited, and complete noobs when it comes to college. Good thing we're both going to Georgia and we'll only be 15 minutes away! We already have plans to take the buses that go from Georgia Tech and Emory to local churches together when we get to Atlanta. It's awesome that after two years, and of all the places and colleges we could have ended up at, we're going to be so close to each other. God is so good!

Yul joined us later and we had dinner together, ate dessert, took some fobby pictures, and ended the night with kareoke! These two are so much fun.


These are our fob-stye pictures that we took in a booth. Unlike the lame-o photo booths in America, the ones in Korea let you choose your own background and afterwards you can decorate the pictures with even more fobby designs! It was all so exciting. See, this is me embracing my inner fob. As a side note, I'll say that Yul was such a good sport about doing this. As a junior boy in high school, he never complained even when Jessica and I made him wear funky girly ears for the pictures. Yay Yul! 


Embracing our fobness.


Our dessert.


Today I met Lauren! I was more than excited to see her because I didn't think I would see her until Winter Break. Even though it's just been 2 months, there was lots to talk about. We ate of course, walked around the mall and outside, and shopped (shopping in Korea is amazing) even though most of it was just eye shopping.


We also took pictures! More fob pictures! 










No comments:

Post a Comment