Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gangneung Adventures

An update on the last two days..

We made a stop at the Pyongchang ski resort. It's obviously not used for skiing during the summer but we rode a cable car that's open year round and went sight seeing. This place apparently attracts lots of people because the lodge at the top of the ride is one of the famous settings from the popular korean drama, Winter Sonata (one that my mom and I were addicted to)!

In the cable car..

We also went to a water park! There were lots of rides with inner tubes, wave pools, and one ride in particular called the Tornado that made steep drops and twists--my personal favorite. So much fun! It reminded me of you guys back at home and I kept thinking that it would be so much fun coming here with the youth group. But speaking of water parks, Wild Waves is soon!



My aunt treated my mom and I to a massage and facial at a day spa today. It was my first time doing anything like it and I loved it! My mom practically wanted to live there. The lady kept massaging my neck though and I had to use all of my self-control to keep from laughing.

Here are some pictures of my aunt's art. She's an art professor at Kwandong University and we got to check out some of her work displayed at the school..she's obviously the only one who got the artistic genes in the family.



I feel like I've been talking about eating a lot since I got here..but this is me and my mom eating lunch at a famous spot in Gangneung.



This was tonight's dinner that my aunt's friend treated us to. Not meat! I was super excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment